Wednesday 8 August 2012

Nanny’s Silly Soap Company – Citrus Zinger


If you have read my other blogs you will know that I like woody scents but someone said to me to try a citrus scented shaving soap for a change. So I have acquired some samples and this is the first one I am reviewing.

The soap itself again is a soft almost cream textured soap which I love. This makes it easy to scoop out an almond sized amount to use.

When I opened the bag I was hit by strong citrus scent that reminded me of Lemon Fanta and took me back to hot summer holidays (this summer it’s all I can do to dream of hot weather!). I’m not sure that is what Sharon of Nanny's Silly Soap Company was going for when blending this soap but I like it. Reading the information on the website it also has sweet orange and nutmeg but I think the predominant scent is of lemon from the lemon grass. The scent was a winner with the “other half test” as my wife really liked the clean fresh scent

As with my review of their Forest of Norway soap this soap lathers up really well using a bowel and brush method, making enough for three passes. Again the lather was think, luxurious, and stable. It gave great cushioning for my shave and left my face feeling hydrated. The only criticism I have and it’s not a biggie, I would have liked more zing and maybe removing the nutmeg may do this.

Overall another great soap from Nanny’s Silly Soaps. I love the scent and the lather it produces. I would recommend this soap for summer months given its cool fresh scent.

Scent
Lather
Hydration
Overall
4½/5
4/5
4½/5
13/15

No comments:

Post a Comment