Thursday 16 August 2012

Nanny’s Silly Soap Company – Lime Softer Formula Soap


Another review of a shaving soap by the Nanny’s Silly Soap Company. This time I have tried a sample of their Lime softer formula shaving soap. Now I’m not sure if their previous Lime soap was a hard soap but this softer formula was the same consistency as the other soaps I have tried from Nanny’s, that is to say somewhere between a soap and a cream, which I love!

The scent from this soap was, unsurprisingly, Lime but not a harsh make your nose sting scent but a sweet scent of Lime. It still had the fresh clean scent you expect from a citrus based soap. It fared well in the “other half test” again my wife proving she likes the citrus scent over a woody scent.

Unlike the other two soaps I have reviewed from the Nanny’s Silly Soap Company this one was less easy to lather needing quite a bit more hydration than the other two to get the luxurious lather I’m used to. Not sure if this is due to the “soft formula” preparation. The same almond sized amount still produced a sufficient amount of lather for three passes.

The shave this soap gave was up to the high standard set by the previous two soaps. The lather gave good cushioning and again left my face feeling hydrated. The only thing that did surprise me about the soap was the reduced amount of slickness left on my face between passes. Normally after the first and second passes, when I wet my face I am left with slickness but not with this soap. Saying that I did not have any skin irritation or feel any excess friction on the blade during my shave.

Overall again this is another very good soap from Nanny’s Silly Soap Company with a fresh clean scent. Like the Citrus Zinger soap I think it is a summer soap given its scent but you could do a lot worse during the winter months!

Scent
Lather
Hydration
Overall
4½/5
3/5
4½/5
12/15

No comments:

Post a Comment